I have just finished October's Calendar Journal pages, a fairly simple background of dylusions sprays with the days a mix of pumpkins and maple leaves. The leaves cover the days I am visiting Gemma in Canada and I think they complement the pumpkins pretty well.
Over on the Secret Swappers part of UK Scrappers we are swapping kilt pins. I made one for Karen, who didn't have any specific preference for colour or theme, which is something that always panics me a bit!
I used a silver kilt pin and charms, with a mix of beads in shades of blue.
I can't believe it is time to make a Halloween chunky again already, it hardly seems any time at all since I made Bones and sent him on his way! This year I have Frances as my swappee, and she expressed an interest in vintage style images and nothing scary! This felt totally different to my usual Halloween ideas, and I did struggle a bit.
I ended up with a much simpler looking chunky than usual, although the paint finish on it took up quite a bit of time as there are 5 layers in total: gesso to seal, two coats of black acrylic for coverage, a thick coat of crackle paint and then orange acrylic rubbed well in to get into the cracks. I used some Graphic 45 paper for the front and back with digital downloads from http://www.alphastamps.com for the top and sides. I had a couple of buttons which suited the images quite well but as I didn't want to cover them up too much I didn't want to add too much more. I couldn't find anything suitable to sit on top either, so left this bare.